SALARY £20,000 PRO RATA
The Assistant Chef is responsible to aid the Chef in the full time operation of the kitchen to assist in providing a high-class visitor service and to ensure that operational KPIs and targets are met.
Delivering a high-quality standard of menu design, food preparation, ordering and production for a 40-cover café, catering for commercial events and other service offers such as meetings, conferences, and book launches, etc.
The post-holder will be responsible to assist with menu development, in liaison with the Chef and Visitor Attraction Manager, Front of House Managers, marketing, event planning and suppliers, as appropriate. The role is integral to the commercial and operational success of Moat Brae and the Chef is required to follow all operational and safety procedures to support this delivery. The Assistant Chef is responsible for the supervision of and correct briefing of relief staff. Where required, the Assistant Chef will support Front of House service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar kitchen environment
- A demonstrable passion for exceptional customer service, as required of all staff
- Excellent supervisory skills, to support staff on a daily basis
- Strong commercial experience and understanding of budget management
- Previous training and qualifications are desirable, additional relevant training will be offered.
For more information, please see the full job description / person specification below..
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter explaining their suitability for the post to: email@example.com
Applications close Midday on FRIDAY 7th MAY 2021