We have an exciting new vacancy for a Visitor Attraction Manager at Moat Brae!
Based in Dumfries and reporting directly to the Centre Director, the Visitor Attraction Manager will be responsible for Moat Brae’s commercial operations, ensuring that:
- as many people as possible find out about, visit and enjoy the house and garden (in comfort and safety);
- our wonderful café becomes a destination in its own right;
- visitors are inspired to buy books and games from our giftshop;
- opportunities for room hire and high quality catering for birthday parties, weddings and conferences are widely promoted;
- a range of other, cultural events are arranged, advertised and run successfully; and
- appropriate sponsorship and other funds are secured to ensure that our operations can continue to run profitably.
This is a challenging but significant post that will support Moat Brae on its journey to become the National Centre for Children’s Literature and Storytelling, helping the Peter Pan Moat Brae Trust to tell the story of Moat Brae and sharing the inspiration it gave JM Barrie to create his World-famous character, Peter Pan – in a place where young and old alike can enjoy the benefits of reading and where stories begin!
The successful candidate will be someone with considerable stamina who is adaptable, resilient and able to manage a complex range of tasks but also brave, determined and able to make decisions in consultation with others. They will be level-headed in difficult situations, have a creative approach to problem solving and be enthusiastic and motivating.
The post is permanent and full-time, subject to a six-month probationary period.
For more information, please download the job description and person specification below or contact Jacqueline Kennedy on 01387 255549 / email: email@example.com.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and covering letter (outlining why they consider themselves suitable for the post) to the above email address by 12 noon on Monday 19 October. All applications will be acknowledged but we cannot provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.